Special Care Counselling
Strategies and intervention for children, teens and parents.
This service is for students with academic difficulties stemming from a neurological or mental health disorder :
- ADHD / ADD
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Behavioral issues
- Emotion regulation
- Social interaction
Our mission is to offer special education services adapted to the needs of the student. We complement the school’s intervention plan and services by offering individual and family support. Special education services can be combined with tutoring, where the educator provides academic support using methods that meet the child’s psychosocial needs.
- 1 to 1 Support for children/adolescents presenting challenges
- Parental support
- School liaison
- Implementation of an intervention plan
- Creation of adapted tools
- Observation in different living environments (home, school, etc.)